We are born with emotional resilience and it continues to grow throughout our lives, but like most human characteristics it needs to be strengthened so we have the power to recoup from life’s challenges and stresses.
Having emotional resilience allows us to move through issues in a more effortless way, but we need to build on it and use it, much like a muscle needs to be used to make it strong. Growing resilience also gives us the ability to avoid actions that could put us in a stressful situation.
How To Build Emotional Resilience
- Keep yourself strong, fit and vital. Eat well to nourish your body and your mind. It has been proven that what we eat directly impacts our mental health.
- Stay focused, pay attention to what you are doing and be flexible in your thinking.
- Have good self-esteem and confidence. Be aware of what is going on around you and express yourself accurately and authentically.
- Nurture your relationships whether they are personal, work or community orientated. Communicate well, show understanding and competency, be co-operative. Once you build resilience in one area, say at work, it flows over into all other areas.
- Build self-awareness, this gives us the ability to tap into our inner feelings, to gain an understanding of how feelings contribute to actions. We can then stop blaming external forces and look for answers within, which then improves our own capabilities.
- Be motivated, committed and consistent with whatever it is you are doing. Perseverance is the key to many successes.
- Don’t assume or jump to conclusions, think before you act.
- Be optimistic, rational and positive thinking.
- Practice empathy in everyday life.
- Self-acceptance – be more compassionate, considerate and respectful towards yourself.
Rapid Transformational Therapy gives you the skills required to manage your personal life, to grow your resilience – self-acceptance, empathy, self-esteem, self-dialogue, reasoning, problem-solving, motivation, beating anxiety, depression, procrastination and having emotional regulation.
Unconditional self-acceptance and self-love are the building blocks to emotional resilience and power. Go on reach out discover the amazing techniques of RTT and lead an extraordinary life.
“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”